The Audio/Visual Technician is a vital member of the staff of Foundry United Methodist Church and shares Foundry’s core values by providing the best experience for all participant’s experience at gatherings requiring sound or video amplification at Foundry.
• Demonstrate reliable, consistent attendance and attention at all scheduled events.
• Prepares for all events by ensuring:
• Physical presence at site is early enough to accomplish all preparation and to ensure leadership that audio/sound for the event is ready.
• All A/V equipment is set up and working appropriately
• Hearing Assist Devices are prepared and available if applicable
• Recording equipment is set and ready to provide for reliable quality recording of event
• Assist with all set-up, teardown, and operation of all audio and visual components at inperson Foundry events
• Assist with online production as needed
• Provides for all customer service needs in a professional courteous manner
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Audio Engineering or Production preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of Audio/Visual Technology experience in a related setting
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Frequently required to stand and walk
• Regularly required to sit, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, to reach with hands and arms, to talk and to hear
• Occasionally required to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
• Physical presence and Sound Technology skills required for all events in Sanctuary and/or Fellowship Hall as specified for this position including but not limited to:
• Sunday Morning Worship Online
• Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday
• Other Special Gatherings upon request
• Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the ministry,mission, goals and Statement of Call of Foundry United Methodist Church.
• Interpersonal Skills:
• Display a level of maturity which will ensure that appropriate boundaries are in place and that he/she will adhere to principles of staff covenant with specific attention to honoring privacy, and confidentiality of both staff and congregation, and abiding by Safe Sanctuary policies as applicable and necessary.
• Exemplify a commitment to diversity and inclusion in all areas of the workplace.
• Demonstrate a positive, engaging, and respectful attitude at all times.
• Demonstrate a willingness to accept additional responsibilities and duties.
• Organization Skills:
• Focus, prioritize, schedule and manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Honor commitments and meet deliverables on time.
• Communicates effectively in written and spoken communication.
• Develop and implement checklists when appropriate.
• Technical Skills:
• Possess the ability and willingness to:
Operate production cameras, all audio equipment, and production software
Learn new programs/equipment and recommend appropriate processes.
Maintain all updates for streaming software.
• Spiritual Maturity: Attentive to personal spiritual development, discipline, and growth.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.